Friday 16 October 2015

Choosing a traveling (Portable) digital piano for myself

digital piano panorama

Apologetically, I must admit that as an acoustic piano purist, I often need an electronic when I'm doing a dinner party gig and there's no viable alternative. The house piano might be virtually impossible to play or there's no real piano on the premises.

And while I love my Yamaha Arius YDP-141 for its touch/tonal dimension, its console size impedes easy transport to venues outside the home.

So that's why I found myself at Guitar Center in neighboring Emeryville scoping out various hammer-weighted digitals. (By the way, I'm planning a jaunt to the Pre-school across the fence from my pea-pod size apartment, so the portable will be perfect for the occasion. I will give the little ones a small dose of Kabalevsky Children's pieces, while adding in a few Schumann Album for the Young miniatures)

To cut a long story short, I wanted to share my Guitar Center excursion and why I picked and purchased the digital that I did:

Fur Elise

Finally, Yamaha P-115 is definitely the best bang for the buck!




Original Content: Choosing a traveling (Portable) digital piano for myself

No comments:

Post a Comment