Thursday 28 January 2016

NEW Luigi Nono : a Composer in Context

At last, the long-awaited publication of Luigi Nono: a composer in context, by Carola Nielinger-Vakil,(Cambridge University Press, 361 pp). Nielinger-Vakil is a leading light in Nono studies, having worked in the Nono archives and in Freiburg with AndrĂ© Richard, Nono's technological muse. She knows her subject extremely well!  Although I haven't read the book yet, it's bound to be a significant contribution to Nono studies.  For a taster. please read more HERE for chapter titles, a list of musical examples and a short extract. 

When I was 16 I turned on the radio, and out came these strange, haunting sounds, so distinctive that years later, when I formally heard La fabbrica illuminata, I recognized it right away.  Nobody told me that modern music was difficult or dangerous. I simply listened with open ears and an open mind.


Original Content: NEW Luigi Nono : a Composer in Context

No comments:

Post a Comment